The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to provide for the health and well-being of children and maintain healthy, hygienic and safe practices and environments in a range of early childhood care and education (ECCE) settings
Times: 07:12 to 07:12
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 30 January 2018
Cost: €220.00 (€15 off online)
- Outline the requirements necessary to provide for the health and well-being of children in an ECCE setting as informed by national guidelines to include child protection
- Describe the factors that contribute to the overall well-being of children
- Outline the various nutritional needs of babies and young children
- Identify requirements for the promotion of healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments for children
- Describe a range of common childhood illnesses
- Perform appropriate personal care routines for babies and young children including the care of the child when unwell
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures to include record keeping as required by legislation and good practice guidelines
- Utilize a range of practice skills that support and promote the health and well-being of children
- Apply knowledge of child development to support children to form secure and positive relationships with adults and children in the ECCE setting
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Spring 2018 will take place at on Monday 15th January 2018 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.