New for Spring 2018. The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to identify training and development needs at an organisation and or individual level, to devise a training plan and to explore the scope of training and development design to meet those needs.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 31 January 2018
Cost: €280.00 (€15 off online)
- Examine the internal and external environmental factors influencing training and development requirements
- Differentiate between the concepts of learning, training, development and education
- Examine the impact of organisation strategy, policy, vision and mission on training and development
- Examine the purpose of training and development in an organisational and or individual setting
- Assess a range of approaches and techniques to conduct a training needs analysis
- Outline the stages in conducting a training needs analysis
- Assess a range of Instructional System Design (ISD) models
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools in identifying the barriers to training and attitudes to training in an organisation
- Devise a training plan based on prioritised training needs to include a cost benefit analysis 11 Design a training intervention, that incorporates a range of design factors to include trainees, adult learning theories, motivation theories, objectives, exercises, training methods, learning aids, location and facilities
- Develop appropriate training content and materials using a range of learning aids to include web based facilities, software, flipcharts and handouts
- Evaluate a range of performance management approaches in the context of identifying training and development needs
- Conduct a Training Needs Analysis to identify training and development needs for an organisation and or individual
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Spring 2018 will take place at on Monday 15th January 2018 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.