The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to work in a range of industry sectors independently in a supervisory capacity.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 29 January 2018
Cost: €280.00 (€15 off online)
- Summarise the duties and responsibilities of a supervisory manager, to include reference to relevant policies and services in the chosen vocational or work environment.
- Evaluate up-to-date industry standards, guidelines and recommended practices that affect the work environment, to include the purpose and methods of supervision, the staff code of conduct, advantages and disadvantages of in-house and contract staff, and of membership of professional or trade associations, trade unions and/or a works committee
- Describe the precautions necessary to safeguard information and/or records
- Describe key steps required to recruit staff, to include pre-planning, methods to source and screen staff, use of an application form to shortlist candidates, and the benefits of a chosen approach
- Analyse the risks for which adequate insurance cover is recommended
- Draft a range of procedures for work-related activities, to include lines of communication with clients, colleagues and other relevant parties, procedures for maintaining effective standards of service, criteria for staff recruitment, criteria for supervisory procedures
- Devise a system for maintaining work-related records, to include operational records, a work roster for operational staff, and a maintenance schedule for equipment and vehicles
- Prepare a departmental budget, to include details of planned spending under a number of headings and of contingency spending
- Train staff, drawing on up-to-date industry standards in training using appropriate aids and supporting material, and assessing the suitability of individuals during the training session
- Carry out staff evaluations to include achievement of objectives, feedback on performance, identification of opportunities for personal development.Evaluate the principles and practice of supervision in a range of private, public and voluntary environments.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Spring 2018 will take place at on Monday 15th January 2018 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.