The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of child development and learning within early childhood care and education settings (ECCE).
Times: 07:12 to 07:12
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 29 January 2018
Cost: €220.00 (€15 off online)
- Explain the holistic development of the child to include physical, cognitive, language, social, emotional, moral, spiritual, creative and cultural development
- Describe a range of theories of child development and learning to include Piaget, Chomsky, Erikson, Bowlby, Ainsworth, Pavlov, Skinner
- Describe the influence of family, social, cultural and environmental factors on child development and learning
- Identify the benefits of play to the child’s holistic development and learning mindful of diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity
- Describe the contribution of the practitioner/parent/guardian to the development and learning of children in the home and in the ECCE setting
- Apply theoretical principles of child development in the ECCE setting
- Document children’s developmental progress against normative milestones of development
- Carry out observations in support of programme planning for individual children and groups
- Recommend suitable play activities to promote holistic development and learning
- Evaluate own role and practice in supporting the development and learning of the child
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Spring 2018 will take place at on Monday 15th January 2018 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.