The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to supervise others in providing child care and education in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) contexts.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 31 January 2018
Cost: €280.00 (€15 off online)
- Evaluate the key concepts, principles and practice in leadership, supervision and or line management within the ECCE setting
- Analyse the role and responsibilities of a supervisor in an ECCE setting and the key attributes and skills required, to include communication, time management, organisational skills and knowledge of current legislation and best practice guidelines
- Explain the role of the supervisor in an ECCE setting in implementing best practice and in establishing, maintaining and continuously improving standards and quality
- Develop strategies for overcoming barriers to effective supervision, to include recognition of common challenges and problems when working with individuals and teams, and identification of possible resolutions
- Implement a range of organisational policies and procedures in an ECCE setting ensuring adherence to best practice and guidelines
- Utilise a range of supervisory skills to supervise staff in an ECCE setting
- Delegate and assign work and or tasks to others, monitoring progress and evaluating results
- Supervise a team in an ECCE setting, to include agreeing a plan and or actions and monitoring and evaluation of progress
- Critically reflect on own attributes and skills as a supervisor, to include analysis of, time management, communication, organisational skills and achievement of objectives
- Evaluate learning and or training needs of the team, implementing training plans in line with organisational objectives.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Spring 2018 will take place at on Monday 15th January 2018 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.