Welcome to Mallow College of Further Education and thank you for taking time to look at our Evening Education Prospectus for Autumn 2017. Evening Education is the new rebranded department of Mallow College, the largest further education college in North Cork – with a wide range of programmes are on offer, varying from accredited and general interest programmes available every Spring and Autumn.
Programmes on offer are adapted each term to suit the needs and interests of learners and industry. Our programmes enable learners to develop new skills in a specific area which can aid future employments. Mallow College values the importance of education, and the evening education department follows a theme of “Opening Minds, Creating Futures”. Paramount to the success of Mallow College is the building of strong relationships between learners, tutors and local community groups/organisations.
Recognising both the dynamic and complex nature of the challenges and opportunities presented in the workplace, we strive, not just to respond to them, but to anticipate them. The vision for the Evening Education Department is to continue forging links with industry and developing programmes that aid local industry needs and create opportunities for learners to develop new skill sets. Similarly, we offer a wide range of non-certified programmes through our hobby and general interest courses. Autumn 2017 will also see the introduction of a variety of new courses across the spectrum.
Registrations can be made in a number of ways with online being the preferred method. Furthermore, why not follow Mallow College on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and receive regular updates on new programmes being offered. You are just a click away from changing your future. We look forward to meeting you at Mallow College during the forthcoming term, and we wish you all the best in your pursuit of education.
John Healy, Director of Adult Education
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
Start Dates for Autumn 2017
- Monday Programmes: September 25th
- Tuesday Programmes: September 26th
- Wednesday Programmes: September 27th
- Thursday Programmes: September 28th
Facilitates in Mallow College
Mallow College campus is located in West End, Annabella, Mallow, Co. Cork. The campus is equipped with highly qualified facilities to ensure high standards of education for teaching and learning. There is free parking on-site as well as a newly renovated modern canteen. Mallow College is located just a 5 minute walk from both the bus stop and train station. Maps and transport information.
- €15 discount if you enrol online.
- 20% discount for Social Welfare (job seekers allowance/benefit, disability allowance, one parent family payment, CE scheme) or Old Age Pension recipients. Proof required with application.
- 40% discount this Sepetmber for Mallow College full-time day students (2017/18 and 2016/17).
You may choose the following options when enrolling for a programme:
Online: Receive a €15 discount when you register with our preferred option online.
Information Evening: Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
By Post: Complete an application form and pay by cheque, bank draft or postal order. Please make payable to Cork ETB. Return applications to: Director of Adult Education, Mallow College, West End, Annabella, Mallow, Co. Cork, P51 P732.
Terms and Conditions
- Students are expected to supply their own materials.
- Formation of classes depends on sufficient demand.
- QQI Certification Fees of €20 per component award (where applicable) are not included in course fee and need to be paid on week 3 of each specific QQI course through the main office in Mallow College.
- The times/duration of courses may vary at Director’s discretion.
- Courses will through day-school mid-term breaks unless otherwise stated.
- If a class is not formed fees will be returned without demand or transferred to another course by request. Where a class is formed, fees will be strictly non-refundable.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to inform themselves of the course content, course duration, etc.
- The Director reserves the right to refuse or terminate participation in a class.
- Cars parked on college grounds at owner’s risk.
- Information provided about a course is intended as a guide only and the Director reserves the right to alter classes as appropriate.
- All cheques must be made payable to “Cork ETB”.
- The contents of the prospectus are for information purposes; changes may be made to syllabi or fees at any time.
- All fees must be paid for before classes commence.
- Students cannot attend a class without an official receipt.
A full refund will be given to all applicants for courses, which do not proceed. Students who attend one night of a course are not entitled to a refund, unless they are very exceptional circumstances.
Certificates of Attendance
Certificates of Attendance will be provided to learners where a learner has at least 70% attendance on the programme.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information herein is accurate. This prospectus does not infer or impose any legal obligation on the management of Mallow College of Further Education to provide courses or other services to students. Course syllabi, fees, timetables, examination timetables, regulations or any other information given may be altered, cancelled or otherwise amended at any time. This prospectus does not confer any rights on a student registered in the Mallow College of Further Education for any course of study. The college reserves the right to cancel or restructure any course. Classes are offered subject to sufficient demand.