This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to further develop their artistic skills and explore the process of creating art on a more…
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to provide for the health and well-being of children and maintain healthy, hygienic and safe practices and environments in a range of early childhood care and education settings.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 25 September 2018
Cost: €240.00 (€15 off online)
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in the course fee.
- Outline the requirements necessary to provide for the health and well-being of children in an early childhood care and education setting as informed by national guidelines to include child protection.
- Describe the factors that contribute to the overall well-being of children.
- Outline the various nutritional needs of babies and young children.
- Identify requirements for the promotion of healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments for children.
- Describe a range of common childhood illnesses.
- Perform appropriate personal care routines for babies and young children including the care of the child when unwell.
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures to include record keeping as required by legislation and good practice guidelines.
- Utilize a range of practice skills that support and promote the health and well-being of children
- Apply knowledge of child development to support children to form secure and positive relationships with adults and children in the early childhood care and education setting.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2018 will take place at on Monday 10th September 2018 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.