This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to further develop their artistic skills and explore the process of creating art on a more…
New for Autumn 2018. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to use play as a therapeutic medium in a range of early years and special needs settings to facilitate young people, focusing on children’s specific needs in relation to holistic development.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 26 September 2018
Cost: €300.00 (€15 off online)
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in the course fee.
- Evaluate the key concepts, principles and practice in utilising play as a therapeutic medium in a variety of child settings.
- Appraise therapeutic play theories and their relevance in different settings.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of interpersonal communication to include one to one and group dynamics
- Explore the limits in terms of helping children develop self-control and decision-making and also in terms of personal security and ethical relationship.
- Examine the needs of specific individuals such as children who are bereaved, behavioural issues or those experiencing long term illness or medical care in a hospital setting
- Contribute as an effective member of a team in an early years, education or healthcare setting in adhering to supervisory or management structures and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Design and implement a range of practical play techniques to include the creative expressive therapies of art, drama, music and dance activities
- Manage the planning and preparation of group work to include facilitation of a range of techniques for children and adolescents.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2018 will take place at on Monday 10th September 2018 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.