This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to further develop their artistic skills and explore the process of creating art on a more…
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to work in a range of industry sectors independently in a supervisory capacity.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 24 September 2018
Cost: €300.00 (€15 off online)
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in the course fee.
- Summarise the duties and responsibilities of a supervisory manager, to include reference to relevant policies and services in the chosen vocational or work environment.
- Evaluate up-to-date industry standards, guidelines and recommended practices that affect the work environment, to include the purpose and methods of supervision, the staff code of conduct, advantages and disadvantages of in-house and contract staff, and of membership of professional or trade associations, trade unions and/or a works committee.
- Describe the precautions necessary to safeguard information and/or records.
- Describe key steps required to recruit staff, to include pre-planning, methods to source and screen staff, use of an application form to shortlist candidates, and the benefits of a chosen approach.
- Analyse the risks for which adequate insurance cover is recommended.
- Draft a range of procedures for work-related activities, to include lines of communication with clients, colleagues and other relevant parties, procedures for maintaining effective standards of service, criteria for staff recruitment, criteria for supervisory procedures.
- Devise a system for maintaining work-related records, to include operational records, a work roster for operational staff, and a maintenance schedule for equipment and vehicles.
- Prepare a departmental budget, to include details of planned spending under a number of headings and of contingency spending.
- Train staff, drawing on up-to-date industry standards in training using appropriate aids and supporting material, and assessing the suitability of individuals during the training session.
- Carry out staff evaluations to include achievement of objectives, feedback on performance, identification of opportunities for personal development.
- Evaluate the principles and practice of supervision in a range of private, public and voluntary environments.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2018 will take place at on Monday 10th September 2018 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.