This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to further develop their artistic skills and explore the process of creating art on a more…
New for Autumn 2018. This course aims to develop the theory and procedures in communication styles and behaviours, to aid the application of the responsibilities of the speech and language therapy assistant. Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 24 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 25 September 2018
Cost: €515.00 (€15 off online)
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in the course fee.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the speech and language therapy assistant.
- Analyse the influences of cognition, perception and behavioural factors on receptive
and expressive communication.
- Explain the process of speech and language therapy.
- Investigate the need to provide supports to enhance and enable interpersonal
- Examine the role of the speech and language therapy assistant in safe management of eating and drinking disorders.
- Reflect on relationships with client relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in speech and language therapy.
- Reflect on personal effectiveness group dynamics and group processes in therapy.
- Adapt information to assist the speech and language therapist in the preparation and implementation of therapeutic programmes.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2018 will take place at on Monday 10th September 2018 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.