This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to further develop their artistic skills and explore the process of creating art on a more…
New for Autumn 2018. This physiotherapy assistant course aims to explore with the learner the integral aspects of the role of the physiotherapy therapist, to enable the learner to develop suitable skills for the position as physiotherapy therapist assistant and fulfil the requirements for this professional position. Skills will be achieved which are required to progress on to potential employment as a physiotherapy assistant or a health care assistant.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 24 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 24 September 2018
Cost: €515.00 (€15 off online)
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in the course fee.
- A physiotherapy assistant works with a Chartered Physiotherapist to assess and treat clients whose movement is restricted by illness, injury, disability or age. They implement the therapy programme created by a physiotherapist and support the client in restoring or improving their mobility.
- In order to work in the healthcare sector as a physiotherapist assistant or health care assistant, you need to have an understanding and caring attitude, while also demonstrating respect and tolerance towards your clients while encouraging independence.
- To facilitate the learner to understand and attain the skills and competencies of therapeutic handling.
- To assist the learner to explore the benefits of a range of therapeutic interventions.
- To enable the learner to develop skills in the mobilization of clients
- Learners must complete 30 hours work experience. Learners must secure this placement themselves.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2018 will take place at on Monday 10th September 2018 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.