This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to further develop their artistic skills and explore the process of creating art on a more…
This programme module aims to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence in a variety if grooming methods in various small animals within a grooming facility.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 20 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 25 September 2018
Cost: €400.00 (€15 off online)
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in the course fee.
- Gain an understanding of the body language in small animals and exercise appropriate conduct within the grooming facility.
- Develop the knowledge in the ear care, nails, structure, function and appearance of the skin and coat, in order to be confident in the evaluation of common abnormalities.
- Collect information through examination, observation and obtaining information from the owner/guardian of the animal to assist in a grooming procedure.
- Demonstrate the skills in different grooming techniques. Have the understanding in
the selection of suitable tools and products for different coat types, the appropriate handling of tools and the completion of procedures required for a variety of animals
within a grooming facility.
- Deal appropriately with the animals, the public and equipment following the health and hygiene guidelines outlined within a grooming facility.
- The course runs 1 night a week for 20 weeks, students have the option to take the course on Tuesday or Wednesday night.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2018 will take place at on Monday 10th September 2018 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.