This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to further develop their artistic skills and explore the process of creating art on a more…
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of child development and learning within early childhood care and education settings.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 24 September 2018
Cost: €240.00 (€15 off online)
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in the course fee.
- Explain the holistic development of the child to include physical, cognitive, language, social, emotional, moral, spiritual, creative and cultural development.
- Describe a range of theories of child development and learning to include Piaget, Chomsky, Erikson, Bowlby, Ainsworth, Pavlov, Skinner.
- Describe the influence of family, social, cultural and environmental factors on child development and learning.
- Identify the benefits of play to the child’s holistic development and learning mindful of diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity.
- Describe the contribution of the practitioner/parent/guardian to the development and learning of children in the home and in the early childhood care and education setting.
- Apply theoretical principles of child development in the early childhood care and education setting.
- Document children’s developmental progress against normative milestones of development.
- Carry out observations in support of programme planning for individual children and groups.
- Recommend suitable play activities to promote holistic development and learning.
- Evaluate own role and practice in supporting the development and learning of the child.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2018 will take place at on Monday 10th September 2018 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.