This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to further develop their artistic skills and explore the process of creating art on a more…
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to supervise others in providing child care and education in a range of early childhood care and education contexts.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 26 September 2018
Cost: €300.00 (€15 off online)
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in the course fee.
- Evaluate the key concepts, principles and practice in leadership, supervision and or line management within the early childhood care and education setting.
- Analyse the role and responsibilities of a supervisor in an early childhood care and education setting and the key attributes and skills required, to include communication, time management, organisational skills and knowledge of current legislation and best practice guidelines.
- Explain the role of the supervisor in an early childhood care and education setting in implementing best practice and in establishing, maintaining and continuously improving standards and quality.
- Develop strategies for overcoming barriers to effective supervision, to include recognition of common challenges and problems when working with individuals and teams, and identification of possible resolutions.
- Implement a range of organisational policies and procedures in an early childhood care and education setting ensuring adherence to best practice and guidelines.
- Utilise a range of supervisory skills to supervise staff in an early childhood care and education setting.
- Delegate and assign work and or tasks to others, monitoring progress and evaluating results.
- Supervise a team in an early childhood care and education setting, to include agreeing a plan and or actions and monitoring and evaluation of progress.
- Critically reflect on own attributes and skills as a supervisor, to include analysis of, time management, communication, organisational skills and achievement of objectives.
- Evaluate learning and or training needs of the team, implementing training plans in line with organisational objectives.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2018 will take place at on Monday 10th September 2018 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.