This programme module aims to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to understand the fundamental principles and practice of national and international tourism, and to appreciate the role of tourism in the Irish economy. It is intended to prepare the learner for employment or further training in the tourism sector.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 28 September 2017
Cost: €250.00 (€15 off online)
- To assist the learner in developing an understanding of the nature of tourism, and tourism practice.
- To enable the learner to understand the economic and social aspects of tourism.
- To explore with the learner, the geographic and ecological aspects of tourism.
- To familiarise the learner with the roles of heritage, culture, eco-tourism and agritourism in comprising the tourism product.
- To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Tourism Principles and Practice through the medium of the Indicative Content.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.