This course aims to enable the learner to competently undertake a supervisory role in a range of organisations and vocational contexts.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 25 September 2017
Cost: €500.00 (€15 off online)
- Evaluate the principles and practice of supervision in a range of private, public and voluntary environments.
- Evaluate different approaches to supervision and or line management, to include key concepts and methods of choosing an approach for a particular context or organisation.
- Analyse the attributes and key skills of an effective supervisor, to include communication, interaction, time management, organisational skills, familiarity with relevant employment and health and safety legislation.
- Explain the role of the supervisor in establishing, maintaining and continuously improving standards and quality in an organisation.
- Utilise a range of organisational skills, to include planning and organising work, time management, arranging, running and following up meetings, documenting relevant elements of personal supervisory practice.
- Develop strategies for overcoming barriers to effective supervision, to include recognition of common challenges and problems when working with individuals and teams, and identification of possible resolutions.
- Design an operational work plan or project for a fixed period, to include short and medium term objectives that are consistent with the organisations overall objectives, policies and requirements, and utilising appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Utilise training needs analyses to plan and implement training plans for a team or group in accordance with organisational objectives.
- Delegate work to others, to include assignment of tasks, monitoring progress, evaluating results.
- Provide effective feedback to individuals and teams, to include positive and corrective pointers, and communication on poor performance and ways of resolving any issues arising.
- Implement a work plan, to include appropriate monitoring and records of progress, evaluation of implementation in relation to the original plan and appropriate action to complete the plan.
- Supervise a team, to include negotiating a work plan or project, delivering a briefing, checking understanding by summarising information and agreed-upon actions, monitoring and evaluation of progress in the work plan and by team members.
- This course is 2 nights a week and covers 2 modules. If a person wishes to undertake 1 module only the cost is €280.
- Monday Night: Supervisory Management.
- Wednesday Night: Supervisory Skills.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.