New for Autumn 2017. This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge and practical skills to identify, treat and rehabilitate athletes with different sporting injuries.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 27 September 2017
Cost: €250.00 (€15 off online)
- To assist the learner in being able to identify a range of common sports injuries.
- Discuss different methods used in the prevention of sports injuries.
- To develop a clear understanding of the process of prehabilation in the reduction of sports injuries.
- To enable the learner to demonstrate good personal technique, effective instructional skills and safe and effective practice procedures in a range of practical exercise methods used in the prevention and treatment of sports injuries.
- Examine sports footwear design and protective clothing which assists in the prevention of sports injury.
- Demonstrate a range of functional, proprioception, resistance and flexibility exercises used to prevent injury in sport.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.