New for Autumn 2017. This programme module aims to offer a practical introduction to central topics related to Entertainment-Media Technology. It establishes a foundation in the areas of videogame design, the related industry, and software tools, within an historical context. The module enables learners to identify the role of the developer in the production process, and to diversify the production team, and the roles required; as the entertainment industry continues to grow exponentially.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 27 September 2017
Cost: €250.00 (€15 off online)
- To develop an understanding of the features and limitations of technology used in games software development.
- To foster a critical understanding of the theory and practice of game design within the context of the modern Entertainment Industry.
- To facilitate the learner integrating theoretical knowledge of Games Analysis & Design into practical processes.
- To enable the completion of tasks relevant to industry standard requirements.
- To create an awareness of skills applicable to games software development.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.