New for Autumn 2017. This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to provide care and support within an Emergency Department under the supervision of registered nurse.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 28 September 2017
Cost: €250.00 (€15 off online)
- To enable the learner to understand the structure and function of the Emergency Department and the roles of the team members including the Healthcare Assistant.
- To enable the learner to understand the patient profile, care needs of patients and how to assist healthcare professionals in meeting those needs in the Emergency Department.
- To facilitate the learner to demonstrate ability to perform specific clinical skills, including the use of emergency equipment and to understand and apply appropriate infection controls.
- To facilitate the learner to develop an understanding of health and safety issues in relation to maintaining a safe environment in the Emergency Department.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.