This course provides the successful learner with a nationally accredited award in the theory and practice of Early Childhood Education and Care. The learner will gain knowledge, skills and the competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education settings. It is made up of 8 components and each component carries a value of 15 credits, giving a total of 120 credits for the full award. Three components will be offered each term; 8 components must be completed to achieve a full award. In order to achieve this award, it is essential to undertake 120 hours of work experience. Prior to beginning Work Experience all learners must have completed Garda Vetting through Mallow College.
Times: 00:00 to 00:00
Starting: Monday, 25 September 2017
Cost: €0.00 (€15 off online)
- 5N1770 Early Care and Education Practice.
- 5N1773 Early Childhood Education and Play.
- 5N1786 Special Needs Assisting.
- N1764 Child Development.
- 5N1765 Child Health and Wellbeing.
- 5N1356 Work Experience.
- 5N0690 Communications.
- 5N2396 Creative Arts.
- Modules subject to change.
- Pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- This requirement does not apply to mature learners.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.