This programme module aims to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence in a verity if grooming methods in various small animals within a grooming facility.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 20 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 26 September 2017
Cost: €380.00 (€15 off online)
- Gain an understanding of the body language in small animals and exercise appropriate conduct within the grooming facility.
- Develop the knowledge in the ear care, nails, structure, function and appearance of the skin and coat, in order to be confident in the evaluation of common abnormalities.
- Collect information through examination, observation and obtaining information from the owner/guardian of the animal to assist in a grooming procedure.
- Demonstrate the skills in different grooming techniques. Have the understanding in the selection of suitable tools and products for different coat types, the appropriate handling of tools and the completion of procedures required for a variety of animals within a grooming facility.
- Deal appropriately with the animals, the public and equipment following the health and hygiene guidelines outlined within a grooming facility.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.