New for Autumn 2017. This programme module aims to provide a Learner with the personal knowledge, skills and capacity to implement suitable strategies for resolving conflict.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 27 September 2017
Cost: €250.00 (€15 off online)
- To facilitate the learner to develop an understanding of the nature and types of conflict.
- To facilitate the learner to explore their own attitudes to conflict in a variety of settings.
- To enable the learner to explore the positive and negative impact of conflict.
- To enable the learner to develop personal strategies for resolving conflict in a variety of settings.
- Use language to de-escalate conflict, to include – paraphrasing demands and statements, reframing inflammatory and aggressive statements, making observations without interpretation.
- Summarise the key principles of mediation, to include examples of mediation, issues related to trust, and the importance of confidentiality, neutrality and balance.
- Exchange feedback with others, to include clear articulation of views and intentions, careful listening, analysis of arguments and underlying values, and the ability to summarise complex statements.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.