This module is designed to provide the learner with knowledge and understanding of child development from 0-12 years and the skills required to implement and promote the use of observations in the early childhood education and care setting. This module aims to promote good practice, equality and respect for diversity in early childhood education and care.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 25 September 2017
Cost: €280.00 (€15 off online)
- Recognise the capabilities and potential of the individual child across all domains of development.
- Carry out observation and evaluation techniques and understand their implications for practice.
- Understand the influence of genetic, social, cultural and environmental factors on the overall development of the child.
- Understand the interdependency of all domains of development Critically reflect on the child development.
- To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 through the medium of the indicative content.
- To enable the learner to take responsibility for his/her own learning.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- QQI Certification Fee (€20 per module) is not included in tuition cost.
See full Terms & Conditions.