New for Autumn 2017. The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Body Massage is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide body massage. This qualification combines the full range of skills and knowledge for the learner seeking employment or self-employment as a massage therapist at level 3. This qualification focuses on classical massage which enables the Learner to become specialised in massage therapy ready for employment in Industry. There are opportunities for a massage therapist to find employment in a variety of areas: Beauty salon, spa, hotel or resort, health club, cruise ships, own business.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 20 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 27 September 2017
Cost: €500.00 (€15 off online)
- The main skills you will perform are:
- Body massage – to include consultation, identifying skin types, general body types, different types of fat and common postural faults and contraindications, selecting suitable massage mediums for the client’s skin type, classical massage movements and adapting the treatment to the client’s specific needs.
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety in the salon You will also develop knowledge about client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry.
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the massage treatments outlined above effectively, in particular the anatomy and physiology of the body and common diseases and disorders that may affect whether a client should or should not receive treatment.
- Opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a massage treatment setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving.
- Opportunities for Learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a Massage Therapist.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Autumn 2017 will take place at on Monday 11th September 2017 from 7 to 8pm at the Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
- ITEC exam fees are included.
See full Terms & Conditions.